EMPLOYMENT CANDIDATE PRIVACY NOTICE
CONCERNING PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING
Last Updated: August 9, 2021
We are committed to the protection and promotion of your privacy. In connection with your application for employment with us at Verathon, it is necessary for us to collect, store and use information about you (“Personal Data”) to administer and evaluate your application. We are the “controller” of the Personal Data you provide us and will process any such Personal Data in accordance with applicable law and the statements contained in this Employment Candidate Privacy Notice.
In order to promote the coordinated and secure processing of your data for purposes of administering the application process, we rely on one or more services and/or centralized human resource information systems that may be operated or administered either by us, by our parent company, Roper Technologies, or by one of its affiliates (collectively, the “Roper Group”). This notice (“Notice”) provides relevant information about the Personal Data that is processed using those systems.
Categories of Personal Data We Collect
We collect Personal Data to manage and administer our relationship with you beginning when you apply for a role with us and through the start of employment, if applicable. For a partial list of Personal Data we collect about you, see Annex 1. If you receive an offer of employment and accept employment with us, your information is processed pursuant to our Employee Privacy Notice.
Sources of Information
We may collect personal data about you from the following sources:
- you, in the form of your application, resume, and other materials submitted to the company;
- your named references;
- from publicly accessible sources, such as Linkedin, Facebook, etc.; and
- from background check service providers (if we extend a conditional offer of employment).
If you fail to provide Personal Data when requested and the Personal Data is necessary for us to evaluate your application (e.g., work history), we may not be able to process your application further.
Purposes for Processing Personal Data
We process Personal Data relating to you for the following purposes:
- assessing your skills, qualifications, and interests against our job opening requirements;
- verifying the information you provide us during the application process and conducting reference checks and background checks (where applicable) if you are offered a job;
- communicating with you about your applications and the recruitment process;
- when necessary and requested by you, providing you with assistance obtaining an immigration visa or work permit;
- complying with applicable laws, regulations, or legal requirements including the completion of any reports required by law; and
- other legitimate purposes which are consistent with the management of the job application, the evaluation of your qualifications for the role, and Verathon’s obligations to you as a job applicant, or as may be relevant, such obligations which are the responsibility of the Roper Group.
We have not sold and do not sell Personal Data you provide to us through the job application process.
Sensitive Personal Data That We Process
We collect and use certain types of sensitive information (e.g., health, race, or religion) in limited circumstances where it is necessary for us to protect your interests (e.g., to provide certain job-related accommodations), where we need to do so to comply with specific legal obligations (e.g., equal opportunity or anti-discrimination legislation or employment law), or where we have your explicit consent to use it.
The purposes for which Sensitive Personal Data may be used include the following:
- compliance with equal opportunity or anti-discrimination legislation or regulations (where applicable);
- background checks for employment (where permitted by applicable laws); and
- in the course of legal proceedings (including prospective legal proceedings), complying with laws and regulations, obtaining legal advice, establishing or defending legal claims, or otherwise where strictly necessary for the administration of justice in accordance with applicable laws.
Recipients of Personal Data
Verathon shares Personal Data with the Roper Group and certain third parties in furtherance of processing your application. This includes sharing your Personal Data with third parties when sharing is necessary for them to perform services for Verathon related to processing your application. We will only share your Personal Data with these third parties in accordance with this policy, when otherwise required by applicable law, or with your consent. We will obtain assurances from each third party with whom we share your Personal Data that it will safeguard your Personal Data in a manner consistent with this policy. If we have knowledge that a third party is using or disclosing Personal Data in a manner contrary to this Policy, we will take reasonable steps to prevent or stop the use or disclosure.
UK/EU-Specific Data Subject Rights
If you live or are applying for work in the United Kingdom or the European Union, you may have certain additional rights in relation to your Personal Data. These include the following:
- You may request information on how your Personal Data is handled by Verathon and request a copy of your Personal Data processed by Verathon. You may also request to correct or update the Personal Data held by Verathon.
- You may request to obtain the rectification or erasure of, or to object to the processing of, Personal Data which are incomplete, inaccurate or are processed in a way which is incompatible with the legitimate purposes pursued by the controller.
- If we process your Personal Data based on a contract with you or based on your consent, you may request to receive your Personal Data in a structured, commonly-used and machine-readable format, and to have us transfer your Personal Data to another data controller, where technically feasible.
- Where the processing of your Personal Data is based on consent, contract or legitimate interests as described in Annex 1, you may restrict or object to the processing of your Personal Data as permitted by applicable law. Verathon may continue to process your Personal Data if it is necessary for the defense of legal claims, or for any other exceptions permitted by applicable law.
These rights are not absolute and may be subject to certain conditions. Should you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact Privacy@verathon.com.
If you are not happy with how the Verathon handles your Personal Data and we could not provide you with a satisfactory resolution to your request, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory body for data protection in your jurisdiction. If you wish to pursue any of these rights, please contact us using the details set out at the end of this Notice below.
Transfers to Third Countries
Verathon is an affiliate of the Roper Group, with offices located throughout the world. As a result, your Personal Data may be transferred to other Roper Group offices for the purposes identified above. Any such transfer shall take place only in accordance with and as permitted by the law of your jurisdiction, but please be aware that the laws and practices relating to the protection of Personal Data are likely to be different and, in some cases, may be weaker than those within your home jurisdiction.
Verathon and the Roper Group have executed Standard Contractual Clauses, as approved by the European Commission and/or by the United Kingdom’s Information Commissioners’ Office. These clauses permit us (or the Roper Group) to transfer data from the EU and the UK to third countries, including the United States. Regardless, in all events, we shall apply the provisions of this Policy to your Personal Data wherever it is located.
Protection of Personal Data
We are committed to protecting your Personal Data. We use a variety of security measures and technologies to protect your Personal Data form unauthorized access. This includes storing the Personal Data you provide in secure areas or on secure servers and using encryption when electronically transmitting or storing highly-confidential or sensitive information.
Retention of Personal Data
We will keep and process your Personal Data only for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, unless there is a legal right or obligation to retain the data for a longer period. Generally, this means that your Personal Data will be retained as documented in our corporate data retention schedule.
If you have any questions, please contact Privacy@verathon.com, Careers@verathon.com or Verathon’s HR Department.
We reserve the right to update this Employment Candidate Privacy Notice from time to time. When we do, we will revise the "last updated" date at the top of this Notice. If there are material changes to this Notice or in how Verathon will use your personal data, we will use reasonable efforts to notify you either by prominently posting a notice of such changes before they take effect or by directly sending you a notification.
Annex 1: Categories of Personal Data and Grounds for Processing
Verathon will process the following categories of data based on legitimate grounds for processing.
Some examples of data and the legal bases for processing are set out below:
1. Personal Data necessary for the evaluation of your application
a) Personal Identification Details
b) Personal History
c) Other Information
2. Personal Details necessary to comply with Verathon’s legal obligations.
Some examples of the legal obligations include:
- record-keeping and reporting obligations
- physical access policies
- conducting audits, compliance with government inspections and other requests from government or other public authorities
- responding to legal processes, pursuing legal rights and remedies, defending litigation and managing any internal complaints or claims, conducting investigations, and
- complying with internal policies and procedures.
The categories of Personal Data collected include: